Experienced Automotive Detailer
Experienced Detail Technician - Jeff Smith Chevrolet
Jeff Smith has been in the automotive business for over 25 years. He started out as a sales person himself and worked his way up to General Manager before opening his own dealership. Therefore he is a strong advocate of promoting within the company and giving employees the opportunity to grow and learn. He owns 4 different locations with 8 franchises as well as a marketing company.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Detail Technician. The Detail Technician will clean and detail vehicles that have been sold or repaired.
- Washes, waxes, and buffs vehicles, dress wheels and tires
- Vacuums interiors and trunks
- Cleans all glass components thoroughly
- Inspects and cleans engine compartment
- Operates car wash where available
- Removes "sticker" tape and glue on vehicles to be delivered
- Keeps all demos clean
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Assures that every complete job, whether pre-delivery or customer pay meets dealership standards 100% of the time
- Inspects new car inventory to assure that the appearance of these vehicles meets dealership standards 100% of the time
- Inspects cars for damage and/body work and report any damage to management
- Works to meet deadlines and/or client promise times; and keeps key members informed of progress
- Attends weekly department meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.