Last Day to Apply: October 31, 2018
Jeff Smith has been in the automotive business for over 25 years. He started out as a sales person himself and worked his way up to General Manager before opening his own dealership. Therefore he is a strong advocate of promoting within the company and giving employees the opportunity to grow and learn. He owns 4 different locations with 8 franchises as well as a marketing company.
Lubrication/Light Line Technician
- Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services.
- Drains oil from crankcase and refills with required amount of oil.
- Replaces oil and air filters.
- Inspects vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Documents all work performed on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
Previous automotive experience preferred; basic hand tools required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, company paid continuing education and training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.